Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hi Lift Jack

After installing the clamps for the Hi-Lift I finally got around to buying one. With the opinions and promptings of some of the guys at fjcruiserforums I decided to go with the 60" black. I also ordered a handle keeper.
First I had to loosen up one of the clamps since they weren't spaced correctly for the jack holes. Once I got it up there I was able to space it and the jack was on after tightening the clamp.
Here are some pics:

This thing is a beast. It weighs 35 lbs and was a little difficult to handle.

Once I got the spacing right it fit perfectly. The base hit the rack though and I think I will probably put some kind of guard so that they don't rub together.

Base side.

Top side. None of the bolts were tightened since I was just going to take it down. It's hardly noticable in black which I like if you haven't noticed that about the FJ. :)

No comments: