Saturday, November 12, 2011

Alarm system

So after I forgot to lock my doors and I left my iPod in the truck it was gone the next day.  I decided to buy an alarm system.  I found a great price on the factory system and had it installed a few days later at the dealership.  I read through the instructions but it was way too much work for me to install.  They had it done in about 3 hours.  They worked around all the aftermarket wiring and didn't charge me extra for it.

It was a real pain to put in all the settings I wanted.  You have to go through so many hoops to make it work that I finally had it down after the 6th time!  After all the settings were in place it worked great and I liked the motion sensor.  Now if I forget to lock my doors it passively arms.  Didn't get much of a discount on the car insurance though.

No comments: