Saturday, April 2, 2011

Demello Rock Rails

I decided to take off the stock rock rails and place on my Demello's that I bought for my silver one.  The kids were having a hard time getting in and out.  I placed them side by side and the stock ones have a larger diameter tube.  They also weighed much more than the Demello rails even though the Demello rails are much longer.  You can see the differences immediately.

Even though I liked the stock rails and the way they looked, they were not as functional as the Demello rails.  Not only did it help with getting in and out of the FJ, but they also helped in the next few items that I placed on roof rack.

Demello on the left.  Stock on the right.


Stock up front.  Demello in the back.  Notice the fins on the stock between the two rails.  Very thin compared to the thick chunks of steel between the Demello rails.

Stock bracket.  The stock rails seem to be quite nice.


Demello rail.

Stock rail.

No comments: