Saturday, January 10, 2009

Demello Sliders Install

Well, I received the sliders today along with the skid plate. Here's the install of the sliders:

Slider which of course was for the wrong side! I had to switch this one to the right. :)
First I tried to use the stands to move the slider into position but they left some nice scratches on the bottom. So I decided to hold the slider in place in the center by just holding these 45 lb metal monstrosities and then placing the stands on both sides of the sliders. It worked great and I was able to put in a couple of bolts to hold them on either side. Of course I ran into a problem - the brake line was in the way.
So I took the bracket holding the brake line off and installed the slider. I also cleaned out the holes with a bristle brush to get the grime and dust out of the screw holes. Since I already had the nerf bars installed those holes that were used were a breeze to screw in. I did most of it with my hand!
This is how the brake line looks after the install. It does touch the slider plate but hopefully that will not be a problem.
Tightened all bolts to 22 ft-lbs and left Slider installed!
More pics of the brake line routing. I bent the rear bracket holding the brake line up a little so it gave the brake line a little more clearance to go over the triangle section.


Right side DONE! I think it took me less than 2 hours to do by myself. They look nice and very usable as a step!


Full side shot of sliders. Not even noticeable and they look like they go with the bottom of the doors.

No comments: