Saturday, May 26, 2012

Ocean City/Assateauge - Yakima RocketBox 12 / Roof Rack Mount Locks

Went to Ocean City in MD on Memorial Day weekend and needed way more space than I had in the trunk area so I decided to pick up a roof top box.  After researching all the soft rooftop bags and reading that they all leaked, I opted for the hard box.  The Yakima RocketBox fit perfectly on the stock roof rack cross bars.  The hard part was lining up everything to be sitting perfectly in the middle.  After that, it was simple and easy to load/unload since I have the rock rails to step on.  The box can also be opened from both sides which is convenient.

I decided to go offroad on the OSV trail in Assateauge.  Unfortunately the trail was backed up by three hours and, since we were on our way home, we decided to try it out next time we go.  It was nice seeing some of the horses and the beaches.  Also took a nice pic of the FJ, with the RocketBox, next to a flag when leaving Ocean City, which was very fitting for this weekend.  You can see the locking lug nuts I used on the roof rack mounts, which was much easier than using a bike lock.





No comments: